Monday Manufacturing Round-up
As most of the US is slowly melting from our un-expected extended winters, and starting to look a little more like spring, economic news has been good so far. As spring continues to come, and collegiate basketball craziness increases, there’s some decent news for potential home buyers in this upcoming housing sales season. On to the links:
- Housing Wire has a quick rundown of housing related info. Most notably, there’s an expected 5% increase in home buyers, but an increase of 14% in supplies.
- The Rochester Business Journal has an article on the do’s and don’t’s of remodeling your home. Some of the highest return on investment remodels include kitchens, bathrooms, and master bedrooms.
- Market Watch has a historical graph looking at five other previous stretches of five-year bull markets in the US.
- The Dreamliner, or the Boeing 787 has taken a step backwards in production. Manufacturing.net has a brief on hairline cracks in some of the wings of these humongous planes. Don’t worry, none of the defective planes are in circulation.
- Food Manufacturing has a brief on a conference at UC Davis that will focus on coffee. UC Davis is known for its wine and food sciences program, and their hoping this conference will help jump start a new coffee production related department.
That does it for this morning, here’s to a productive start of your week.