Monday Manufacturing Round-Up
For those of us in the Pacific Northwest, spring will be arriving this week with nothing but sunshine and heat. As for the links, North Dakota is putting its economic chips down on drones, while pending home sales increase from last month:
- Market Place has an article and radio brief on the future of American Manufacturing. “Middle-skill” jobs are what the future of manufacturing in the US will offer.
- Pending home sales last month were up 3.4% from February, the first increase in pending home sales in nine months. Market Watch has the brief.
- Some potential avenues for the previously mentioned “middle-skill” jobs in manufacturing could be with drone manufacturing. North Dakota is banking on that idea, and the drone manufacturers like it out there due to its varying weather conditions, and low commercial flight traffic for test flights.
- Coca-Cola announced the plans of building a new distribution center in Chattanooga, Tn. The project has been budgeted $62 million, and will be around 305,000 sq. ft.
- And for those who find washing your car to be a massive pain in your side, Nissan might have an answer for you. Featured on Wired, Nissan demonstrates testing of their new self-cleaning paint.
That’s it for today’s links. Here’s to a productive start to your week.